All times are UTC

Re: Multiple mastery
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:36 am 

I smell what your cooking there lad ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I took a look at your spreadsheet and your comments, I like the idea, it would obviously add a new secondary goal for many players. That would be cool.

I am not sure about having to level up all the tasks of one section to master the next level though. I was seeing things like this: To master a quest to level 4 for example, you must have mastered all the previous ones (of the section, ie.: Baker) to level 4 too.

About the rewards, increasing the gold is a good idea, but we will have to check how it works with the item prices (so we don't break the game economy). Giving skill points at each task mastered would give a motivation to master all tasks to level 10 too.

We will have to talk again about this idea but it's an interesting one that *may* be integrated in a next update. We already have to fix the big iPad problem.

So if I understand correctly, the limit would be Mastery level 10 for each task?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:08 pm 

Erm I wasn't thinking of any limit no. Like you could keep on mastering tasks once every other section was mastered too

I'll try keep it short and sweet.

Freded does shortbread 10 times. He has now mastered the shortbread task. To master it again he has to do all other tasks in every other section. Once unlocked all sections and all tasks and then he's mastered every task he can now remaster a task. he would only be able to master it once then he would have to master all other tasks again. Each time he masters all the tasks in a section he would become a higher level in that task section. Fred could be a level 4 baker and a level 3 in every other section

This would be the way it would have to be if you were to give skill points for every task section mastered. If you weren't to give it then you could mAster a section as many times as you want like for instance fred could be a level 8 baker but a level 1 jeweller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 am 

How much of a good idea was this!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:38 pm 

not good enough to be implemented ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:22 pm 

Well it was going to come in the same update as the iPad fix. However, there wasn't ever an iPad fix. If there was another update, this would probably be implemented